Thanks to my friend AP, I discovered a recipe on an awesome food blog. According to her, the recipe "had [my] name all of it to [her]." It makes me happy that such awesomeness reminds my friends of me.
I love this recipe for two reasons: (1) it's simple; (2) it's delicious.
All you need is four ingredients and about 30 min.
- 6 oz. dark chocolate (I used Lindt, A Touch of Sea Salt)
- 12 oz. white chocolate (I used Lindt Lindor Truffles and Ghiradelli Classic White chocolate chips)
- 3 tsp. of yellow cake mix (I used only 1 because I initially read the recipe incorrectly. Only now did I realize that the recipe called for 3 tsp. Clearly I was way too excited...)
- Lots of sprinkles!
1. Melt the dark chocolate in a microwavable bowl (~1:30 min). Stir the chocolate until it is smooth. Pour the melted chocolate onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Smooth it out and stick sheet into the freezer for ~15 min.
2. Melt the white chocolate in a separate microwavable bowl (~1:30 min). Whisk in the cake mix slowly and stir until no lumps remain. Let it set for 3 min.
3. Remove baking sheet with dark chocolate from the freezer and pour white chocolate/cake mix batter over the top. Smooth out the chocolate and immediately have a party with the sprinkles. Freeze the whole thing for another ~15 min.
4. Remove baking sheet from freezer, and let it sit in room temp. for a few min. Break into chunks. Eat!
Thank you, Ms. How Sweet!