Finals season is upon us. And for me, it's my last set... ever! As much as I want to resign to "I'm graduating in less a month, so eff it!," apathy has never served any one any good. Besides, my allegedly "worst summer ever" is also starting in a month, so I should at least prep early for the abuse my mind, psyche, and bank account will suffer because of the California State Bar, right?
But whether it's my last set of finals or my first (thank God it's not), once this time rolls around, one fact remains the same: I eat crap and let myself go with the whole fitness thing. This is mainly because there never seems like enough hours in a day. That's why when I found this healthy recipe on Pinterest, I got to work. What I heart most about this recipe, is that you can always freeze and reheat for those extra busy days! So simple.
Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 1 egg (or 1/3 cup egg white)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2.5 cups Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1.5 cups 1% milk
- 3 packets of Stevia or Splenda OR 2.5 tbsp. of honey
- 1/2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional toppings: nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, fruit pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana, and Stevia/ Splenda together in a bowl.
3. Add in oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and mix well with wet ingredient.
4. Finally, pour in milk and combine (don't worry; the batter will be runny).
5. Place cupcake liners in the muffin tin and spray with cooking spray (yes, spray the liners). Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin cups (about 3/4 full).
6. If using toppings, add them on the top of the muffins now. If using fresh or frozen fruit, you can also drop them right into the batter and mix 'em in.
|Strawberry & Chocolate chips|
|Plain with roasted sunflower seeds|
7. Bake for 30 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean when you poke the center. Cool and enjoy!
- Put the extras in an airtight Ziploc freezer bag after they've cooled.
- Reheat in microwave for 40 seconds; wait a few minutes; and enjoy on-the-go!