Plus, the beauty of this recipe -- aside from being quick and easy -- is that you can get creative by tossing in ham, bacon, veggies, or anything else that you fancy. Go wild.
Mini Quinoa Cups
recipe from Iowa Eats
Yield: About 24 cups
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (pronounced "keen-wah") - I used Bob's Red Mill Organic Whole Grain Quinoa, which comes pre-washed (we fancy)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsps. chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prep two mini muffin tins by spraying them with non-stick spray.
2. Combine all ingredients into a bowl.
3. Spoon the mixture into each cup.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
5. Let them cool for at least 5 minutes before removing them from the muffin tin.
That's it! Super easy!
Now, for the visuals: