These little cakies are the devil. Seriously, I used Devil's Food cake mix. Devilishly good. Here's what you need and how to do...
Double Stuf Oreo Cakies
Yield: ~ 24 cakies
- 1 brownie or cake mix (and all the ingredients required for that)
- 1 package Double Stuf Oreos (or holiday ones, if in season)
- Sprinkles, melted chocolate or frosting (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, prep cake mix according to the box instructions.
3. Spray cooking spray cupcake tins.
4. Dip both sides of the Oreo into cake batter and place each cookie into the cupcake tin. I double-dipped to ensure both sides got plenty of batter. I didn't add any additional batter into the individual cupcake slots.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until baked through. Stick a toothpick into the cookie and if it comes out cleanly, it's done.
6. Run the edges of each cookie with a knife and lift as the cookie begins to cool. This will make it easier for you to take out the cookie without it losing its cakey cover.
7. While the cookie is still warm, throw some sprinkles on each cookie. Or if you want to frost or drizzle melted chocolate, take the cookie out first and decorate to your heart's content.
8. EAT. Nomnomnom.